Becoming an expat is a wonderful experience. However, for many – men or women, adults or children, single or in a relationship / married – migrating and adjusting to expat life comes with emotional difficulties that could lead to loneliness, depression, anxiety, trauma, anger, stress, alcoholism, drugs usage, gambling addiction, sleep disorders and more.
Apart from mental health problems, expats may also experience self-development or career difficulties (e.g. burnout), relationship problems, trust issues and other challenges that could benefit from the professional help that HelloDoc Health can provide.
Health care for expats
We can help to prevent stress, unburden and offer various specialised multilingual health services for expats, such as:
- Mental Health treatment: A healthy mind is one of our top priorities. You are in good hands with our team of experienced psychologists, therapists & counsellors.
- Adjustment Disorder Assessment: Any new environment needs adjusting to. We assist in this.
- Chaperone Service: When you want that extra security that your complaints are being listened to at a hospital, clinic or GP practice.
- Medical Translation: We understand the importance of health dialogue in your language.
- Travel certificates: Travel organizations require various health documents, we have this covered too.
- Wellbeing and Lifestyle: We focus on the things that you can and love to do.
- Health Check-ups: We do not miss anything that may impact your health with our prevention examination.
- Medication Delivery: We bring a cure to your doorstep via our next-business-day drug delivery service.
Please contact us for more info on the above services and/or about the other health services that we provide for expats.
Mental health support & therapy for expats
HelloDoc Health has a dedicated and well-experienced team of counsellors, psychologists, psychiatrists and psychotherapists in different (Dutch) cities and online to help you, your friends or your family members who suffer from mental health issues in English, Dutch, Bulgarian and various other languages.
If you are fighting to cope with depression, stress or any other mental illness, consultation from a medical doctor should be your first priority. The doctors at HelloDoc Health are experienced and expert in the field of physical and mental care. You can easily book an online doctor consult as your first step.
Our multilingual HelloDoc Health doctors will listen to your concerns, talk about the problem(s) you are going through, and diagnose the real problem(s). If our doctors think that you need medication, they can prescribe that to make you feel better. We even can get the medication delivered to your doorstep the next business day!
If needed, our medical doctors can also refer you to our highly skilled psychiatrists. However, in most cases a consult or therapy by our experienced HelloDoc Health psychologists, therapists or counsellors will be sufficient to start with.
Most of our mental health consults can be covered by your (international) health insurance.
We are here to help you 24/7!
Recommended related articles
- Expat Medical Service.
- HelloDoc Health: your online doctor in the EU + UK.
- More mental health complaints among young people aged 18-34.
- Talking about burn-out: what is it and who gets it?
- Mental health therapy for students with depression.
- HelloDoc Health medical consults for international students and expats.
- The Dutch healthcare system explained.